Thread: FS: DF Daimyo 1095 Katana - Half Price

FS: DF Daimyo 1095 Katana - Half Price

Funds are tight, so I am looking for a quick sale on one of my favourite shinken to fund other things in life.

This is the Wave-theme Daimyo 1095 Hand forged & Hand polished line. These are unusual for production swords due to the quality of the stone hand-polish, which is above and beyond most low to mid priced swords.

Blade measure 29.5"
    Tsuka measures 11"

The blade is light and handles well in spite of its length, and a beauty to behold - I will be sorry to see it go. Crisp yokote & general geometry. Fittings are pleasantly understated with a slight patina. Tsuba, Tsuka-maki etc are all tight, about as good as can be had on production swords. Steel has a natural hada grain of sorts. In my opinion Dynasty Forge and its like produce some of the best recreations of "Nihonto" to be found at production level, and I've found them ideal for Iaido etc.

I have the replaced the copper seppa with brass and the original tsuba with one by Fred Lohman, which depicts the death of young Atsumori on the beach in the "Heike-monogatari" (http://www.japanese-swords.com/tsuba...amurai-fan.jpg) The original tsuba is still available if preferred.

The blade has never been cut with and is essentially unused. However due to a careless friend there is a slight ding in the edge towards the kissaki. As you can see in the pictures, it is a cosmetic injury does not remotely exceed the hamon and could be corrected by a polisher if wished or accepted as a battle scar in an excellent blade for Iai & Tameshigiri.

Dynasty Forge ask 1080$ US, Fred Lohman Tsuba start at 95$ US, plus shipping & import duties...

I am looking for half price - £220 - shipped in the UK/EU. I will ship to the US for 350$ + shipping if desired. This is an excellent quality sword for that price, and would be a far better buy than the various "entry-level" swords newly available and this price and higher. If you have an offer to make, please send me a PM.

All the best,

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Dear Jon,

Please learn to parry.

Love,

Your Innards x

The Exiles

I take it! PM sent. Thank you.

Land of Sun and Stone, where the Free dwell...
    If by any chance the sale fails I 'll get it!
    Daring beyond power, risking against prudent advice and optimists in danger...
    Thucydides

Sorry fellas. I paid for this one earlier.
    Excited to put it through the paces
    Swift and Bold

A soldier's scars are worth a million medals.

Sold - Thank you everyone for your interest
    Dear Jon,

Please learn to parry.

Love,

Your Innards x

The Exiles

Awww nuts!!! The sale of a lifetime and I missed it.
    "The pain is not getting worse, your tolerance for it is becoming less." -Tanouye Roshi