Thread: New Problem posting

New Problem posting

Hi, everytime I try and post I am getting this automatic message

"Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@swordforum.edwardroyce.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I tried emailing webmaster and that was returned to sender. I can respond to a post but can not post anything with attachments without this message coming up, however I can post with attachments on other sites so the problem appears limited to sword forum.

Cheers Cathey

Cathy
    I had exactly the same error last night!!!!!

Cathy
    I had exactly the same error last night!!!!!
    Last edited by Robert Wilkinson-Latham; 03-11-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: duplicate

Blog Entries
    thanks guys, will have Ed look into this...
    mark@swordforum.com

~ Hostem Hastarum Cuspidibus Salutemus ~

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Hi!

A couple things:

1. The webmaster email is 'edroyce@swordforum.com' not 'webmaster@swordforum.edwardroyce.com'. Why that came up I am not sure but I will look into it.

2. I looked through the logs and did not find anything. This indicates the problem is very likely in the server itself rather than the forums. I'll contact the hosting company and find out if there is an issue.

3. I set up some further logging to see if I can "trap" what the problem might be. Normally this is not active because it can impact the server but for now we'll accept the impact and look for the information that will lead to a resolution.

4. If you continue to have problems please continue to report them and include any information that might help track this down.

Thank you.

ed