Thread: WTB Del Tin Orcrist

WTB Del Tin Orcrist

Prefer the blade blank, but could work with something else. I have a project in mind.

Many thanks!

David

Hey David,

Albion had a bunch of the bare blades years ago, and I'm not sure if any are still floating around in the shop somewhere. It's been since 2007 since I worked there, and I have no idea what they have in inventory.

Good luck.
    Jason Dingledine
    Bladesmith
    http://www.tigerclawforge.net

Thanks, Jason.

I had a forumite ask what I wanted with the blank as he might have one or two. No response as yet.

I wrote Albion a couple of days ago. No response as yet.

I enjoyed the Goodkind series "Sword of Truth". I saw online where someone produced a pretty good version of the sword central to the story. It was reportedly based on the Orcrist blank. Looks like it to me. I wanted to build one of these myself. We'll see if the blank is still around.

Thanks again for the assist.

vr,
    David

Albion responded. They no longer have any of these hanging around.

If anyone knows of one, I would appreciate the assistance.

David

Bump.

Still looking for this blade. Any help is much appreciated.

David

If you find one, please let me know. I'm starting to receive requests to construct "sword parts" that, once assembled, may resemble a certain novel-inspired sword .

Seems the well has dried up on the orcrist blade. If only I had a cnc mill...
    "Dontopedology is the Science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it. I've been practicing it for years."
    -- Prince Philip

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
    -- Red Green

Well....one of our members sent me a message saying he has several. Then, he didn't respond to my messages in return. Not sure what happened.

If anyone else has a blade they care to part with, I'm still very interested.

Thanks!

David

Bruce Brookhart has a Del Tin "Dragon Con" sword for sale on his web page that appears to use the Orcrist blade. It is listed as a Del Tin, and I'm not aware of any other blades DT made in that style.

Here's the link, if you're interested:
    http://www.brookhartdesigns.com/Del_Tin_Swords.html

Thanks! It looks like that did start out an Orcrist blade. But then they did some custom work to it that makes it unsuitable for my purpose. Rats!

Much appreciate the assist, though.

David

No problem. This is a project I was highly interested in a few years back (I started some threads about it on the SBG forum where I posted pictures of the three swords produced). Sadly, nothing ever came of it as I was never able to allocate the funds. It would be much easier to do now with companies like Yeshua Swords making top-notch custom hilt parts.

If you manage to bring the whole thing together, I'd be very interested in seeing it!

Aaron

If I can find the blade, I'll certainly post pics of the project.

If anyone can find David Lewis Smith, please nudge him to check his PMs. Please?

Thanks!

David

He no longer posts here, you could try him on MA. He is fairly active there.

Thanks. By coincidence, he remembered to log in and found my messages. He's decided to hold onto his blades in favor of some projects he had in mind for them. If anyone else has one lying about, please drop me a note.

David

Dave Akers contacted me to make a blade for me. I couldn't find the Del Tin blade. Now, if I could just get Dave Akers to deliver the blade, guard, and pommel I paid for. He seems to have disappeared. Anyone know how to reach him?

David

I regret to inform the community that I am pursuing criminal charges against Dave Akers. After he made many excuses and missed the timelines he promised entirely, I finally told him to send me what he said he had completed of my project and I would call it even. He quit communicating entirely. It would appear he never did anything on the project and has stolen my money. Please keep this in mind if you decide to conduct business with him.

Respectfully,
    David

Thanks for the reference. I tried to contact him through his profile, PM, facebook, the email address we had been using, the email address associated with the paypal account where I paid him, another email I found on a blade forum that endorsed him... His last email told me he didn't have the money to refund to me. That's when I told him to just send what he had and I would call it even. So, he stopped corresponding.

I sympathize and posted the profile link for the benefit of all with interest or concern. I would think that your posting of an issue or alarm in warning others might include overall background for the man (hence offering the profile link which details his public activity here).

Cheers

Glen Cleeton

Thanks. I hope this helps keep anyone else from losing money.

For what it is worth, I have trained with Jesus Hernandez and visited his home. I would recommend him to anyone seeking custom work without hesitation. I have also trained with Walter Sorrels and have no reason to question his work. I'm sure there are many others. These are just the two I am familiar with personally. Dave Akers contacted me and seemed to have experience with western style blades, so I made a poor decision.