Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when you thought there would be no "more"...

Just when you thought there would be no "more"...

Last edited by L. Braden; 03-10-2015 at 01:10 PM.

And MORE...
    Same link.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Braden View Post
    And MORE...
    Same link.
    The new 21-page booklet of yesterday is now a 177-page book today!!!

Name:  36grz4.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  32.8 KB

:d
    "The relationship between West(Occident) and East(Orient) is indeed an example of a relationship of power and domination. Orientalism is thus a style of thought based upon an ontological and epistemological distinction made between the Orient and the Occident. It is a Western style of dominating, restructuring and building hegemony over the Orient.İt is an accepted grid for filtering through the Orient into Western consciousness, into the general culture."
    From "Orientalism" by Edward Said

Quote Originally Posted by sancar ozer View Post
    Name:  36grz4.jpeg
Views: 331
Size:  32.8 KB

I see that "Swordsmen of Britannia" (ex "Blades of Britannia", ex "More Swordsmen of the British Empire") has been revised again - now 178 pages - so at least the compiler cares about accuracy, whatever that may be!
    Same link as above.

I see that "Swordsmen of Britannia" (ex "Blades of Britannia", ex "More Swordsmen of the British Empire") has been revised again - now 178 pages - so at least the compiler cares about accuracy, whatever that may be!
    Same link as above.
    Correction: the new edition has 186 pages.

New edition of "Sword Fighters of the British Empire".
    Same link as above.

According to the publisher, the FINAL version of "Swordsmen of Britannia" is now available from lulu.com, and is included in the new 800-page edition of "Sword Fighters of the British Empire", which also includes "Swordsmen of the British Empire" and is therefore the complete series.
    Same link as above.

www.encasedinsteel.co.uk

Mr Farrell has succeeded admirably in making sense out of a confusing succession of sequels and supplements. Congrats!
    Last edited by L. Braden; 10-15-2015 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Congrats!

www.encasedinsteel.co.uk

Mr Farrell has succeeded admirably in making sense out of a confusing succession of sequels and supplements. Congrats!
    www.encasedinsteel.co.uk/2015/10/9/a-chronology-of-books-by-d-a-kinsley/

Attention, Mr Farrell et al. More...

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?k...+kinsley&type=

See the Book Reviews section of this forum.

www.encasedinsteel.co.uk

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up! I shall have to edit my article again... Some people are far too prolific for my own good! ;-)
    -- Keith Farrell --
    Academy of Historical Arts: website | Facebook
    Fallen Rook Publishing: website | Facebook
    KeithFarrell.net: website

Quote Originally Posted by KeithFarrell View Post

Thanks for the heads up! I shall have to edit my article again... Some people are far too prolific for my own good! ;-)
    I have prepared a second part to my article, to reflect the two additional publications that seem to have appeared since I first compiled my list. I shall post that updated article to the blog on Friday this week.
    -- Keith Farrell --

Quote Originally Posted by KeithFarrell View Post
    I have prepared a second part to my article, to reflect the two additional publications that seem to have appeared since I first compiled my list. I shall post that updated article to the blog on Friday this week.
    http://www.encasedinsteel.co.uk/2016...b-2016-update/

Mr Farrell:
    I have checked with lulu.com and other sources re the following:
    "Blades of the Empire" was actually entitled "Blades of Empire".
    "Swordsmen of the British Empire" of Sept. 2015 was not a new edition of the April 2013 edition, but a replacement file due to a printer's corruption of the original file, resulting in the new date of publication.
    Your initial listing of this title has the date "16th September 2016" and needs to be corrected to "16th September 2015".
    Otherwise, great work!
    With Best Regards, LB

P.S. Forgot to add: there aren't just accounts of "military engagements", but of civilian encounters as well, and not just during the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries, but the 17th century as well.

Thanks for the corrections. I have edited the article to reflect them:
    http://www.encasedinsteel.co.uk/2016...b-2016-update/

I also realised there was a minor error in my allocation of the part numbers in the series - I had put Blades of the British Empire (2011) as part 2, but that line seems to have been a mixture of Blades of Empire (2011) and Blades of the British Empire (March 2012). From reading the links in the footnotes for those two titles, it seems that the 2012 volume was the more important of the two, so I have edited the part number allocation so that Blades of the British Empire (March 2012) is part 2 of the series. I think this is more correct, given the information I have available.
    -- Keith Farrell --

British Sword Fighters 1600-1918
    The Complete Series in One Volume

I saw Kinsley's new books over the weekend, so I have updated my chronology. The latest version can be found on my website here: https://www.keithfarrell.net/blog/2018/08/a-chronology-of-the-books-by-d-a-kinsley-version-3/
    -- Keith Farrell --

Yo, Keith!
    Sword Fighters of Britannia was followed by British Sword Fighters 1600-1918 in 2016.
    Cheers!

Yo, Keith!
    Sword Fighters of Britannia was followed by British Sword Fighters 1600-1918 in 2016.
    Cheers!
    Yes, I noticed that. It was released in 2016, but the version currently on Lulu is dated to June this year, so I guess the current version is a revised edition.
    -- Keith Farrell --

But the titles are different: British Sword FightERS 1600-1918 and British Sword FightING 1600-1945 (revised & enlarged, 740 pp.).

Just checked, and I see that your bibliography is still inaccurate, because you are evidently confusing British Sword Fighters 1600-1918 with British Sword Fighting 1600-1945. As you can see by my post of 3-14-2016, and according to a Google search, British Sword Fighters 1600-1918 was first published 2-21-2016 and reissued in an updated edition on 11-2-2016. Sorry to have to annoy you with this, but I'm such a wretched stickler for accurate details; and after all, you are the brave soul who undertook this formidable task! The author must be laughing at both of us, grateful though he/she/it might be. In any case, word has it that there will be no more editions; but of course we've heard THAT before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast