Thread: Baltimore Knife and Sword?

Baltimore Knife and Sword?

Is Baltimore Knife and Sword still in business?

I've tried a couple of times to contact them through the email address on their web page, but received no response. Anyone have a suggestion on how to reach them?

they post on facebok frequently, but did recently comment about riots there - wonder if they are closed temporarily

3. here is their Facebook page. That is where I contact them the most.

https://www.facebook.com/baltimorekn...rofile_browser
    Not everything has to be decided at the point of a sword, but somethings can only be decided at the point of a sword.

Alas. I do not have a facebook account, deliberately.

A shame that this is their major customer contact avenue.

Southern Maryland, for the last 350+ years; previously of the Danelaw.
    I have contacted Kerry on his Facebook account, via private message. He will probably reply here; or I will send you a separate message.
    Retired civil servant, part time blacksmith, seasonal Viking ship captain.

I appreciate it, Bruce.

Sorry Jenny, We are just completely overwhelmed and missed your email. Ill check for it, please resend as well and Ill keep watch. We get a massive amount of email these days with build requests for the show.

thanks
    Kerry Stagmer
    Kerry Stagmer
    http://www.baltimoreknife.com
    http://www.fireandbrimstone.com

Cheap things aren't nice and nice things aren't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stagmer View Post
    Sorry Jenny, We are just completely overwhelmed and missed your email.
    Thanks for responding, Kerry. I'll resend today from my walkyerjenny gmail account. I didn't realize there was a TV show you were working on; my request isn't particularly urgent, I was just surprised that there wasn't any response at all.
    Last edited by Jenny L; 05-15-2015 at 02:29 PM.

They are making some very creative and fun weapons for the "Men At Arms:Reforged" series at AWE me youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...q9_ZiPqKlWNc6V
    "The relationship between West(Occident) and East(Orient) is indeed an example of a relationship of power and domination. Orientalism is thus a style of thought based upon an ontological and epistemological distinction made between the Orient and the Occident. It is a Western style of dominating, restructuring and building hegemony over the Orient.İt is an accepted grid for filtering through the Orient into Western consciousness, into the general culture."
    From "Orientalism" by Edward Said

Are they still working on the show? 'cause they still aren't responding to their email. I find it difficult to understand how they stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny L View Post
    Are they still working on the show? 'cause they still aren't responding to their email. I find it difficult to understand how they stay in business.
    I found they were impossible to get a hold of really to the point where I gave up on a deposit for a custom project they never delivered on. It's a shame because they are relatively local to me, seemed very nice when I actually was able to speak with them and I would have loved to establish a relationship with a local sword smith given the amount of custom projects I've ordered from different people over the years.

There are other great smiths who will do custom work out there and respond to communications consistently. My personal motto as I've gotten older is if you are having trouble getting ahold of someone before you hand out money, don't expect it to be any easier after you do so. Caveat Emptor indeed.