Thread: For Sale: "KOA ISSHIN MANTETSU" WWII JAPANESE SAMURAI

For Sale: "KOA ISSHIN MANTETSU" WWII JAPANESE SAMURAI

Hi folks,

Am selling my "KOA ISSHIN MANTETSU" WWII JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD/GENDAITO/SHIN GUNTO/KATANA. This is a WW2 Japanese officer's sword. This is a minty condition. This sword has beautiful temper line. NO nicks or chips but has a nail catcher. NO spot of rust. Signatures on the tang "KOA ISSHIN MANTETSU" The handle and handle wrapping is nice. Original tsuba, fits perfect. Has No major wear on saya. Overall this is a very nice sword that is a great example of a WW2 Japanese Officers sword. Cutting edge 26 1/2 inc, handle 9 1/2 inc.

Am looking to get $2,250 O.B.O shipped and insured, photos upon request. Kindly contact me on smbrice111@yahoo.com

Please post some pictures of sword.

Sold!

Sold to me and paid for but apparently shipped to the wrong address.
    Mods, please don't delete this thread until this sale has two satisfied parties.
    The one certainty is that I will be gone soon, and in going, so will a legion of ghosts.
    - Joe Simpson

Sam Brice is a fake and a scam account.
    If anyone reading this contacted him/her and received any pertinent information on the identity or location of the scammer, please PM here.
    The one certainty is that I will be gone soon, and in going, so will a legion of ghosts.
    - Joe Simpson

Unhappy An unfortunate lesson to learn.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lee James Bray View Post
    Sam Brice is a fake and a scam account.
    If anyone reading this contacted him/her and received any pertinent information on the identity or location of the scammer, please PM here.
    Lee,

Really sorry to hear about this, I'm the one who started the Good Chaps Sticky at the beginning of this section. One of the bits of advice I gave was it is safer to deal with members/sellers with a good number of posts (ie a 'history' on SFI). Its no absolute guarantee ..but...it would take a lot of time and effort for a member to build up a reputation ...all for the purpose of ripping someone off.

You may not have seen the sticky, or in your enthusiasm to obtain that object of your desire not noticed this 'person' had only 3 posts. I feel your pain, I personally was ripped off many years ago by someone from Belgium who had advertised a Legion d' honneur medal set on that famous Auction site the 'bay'...and as it hadn't reached reserve ..the listing ended....he offered to sell it off the site...and I foolishly agreed...the money and medals were never seen again.!

Unfortunately there is little point having a 'Bad Chaps' or Rogues list as whoever this 'Sam Brice' is it would most certainly be an alias.....and next time he/she strikes it will be under a different name .....

Once again I'm sorry to hear about this but if any good is to come out of this........

..is the timely reminder that buyers should only deal with SFI members with a good reputation !

regards

Peter W
    "Shoot straight you bastards and don't make a mess of it !"
    Lt. Harry 'Breaker' Morant, Bushveldt Carbineers, Australian soldier, poet & national hero, excecuted by firing squad, Boer War, 1902.