Thread: Custom mounted CAS Hanwei Bushido (EU)

Land of Sun and Stone, where the Free dwell...

Custom mounted CAS Hanwei Bushido (EU)

Specifications
    Blade length: 70 cm
    Handle length: 26 cm
    Weight: 1.100 gr
    Width at Guard: 3,15 cm
    Width at Tip: 2,35 cm
    Sori: 1,9 cm

Koshirae: The sword is custom mounted by Fred Lohman and exceptionaly balanced. All that's left of the original bushido is the excellent folded steel blade, the samekawa and the (now reshaped) tsuka core. The same has marks where the old bushido menuki were, but they do not show much. It has new fittings (Lohman's #5 Key Fret) of silver-gray colour (note that they appear a bit blackish in the pictures), blackened same over the 26 cm reshaped rikko style tsuka, blue suede ito (Lohman's tsunami) wrapped in tensho style tsukamaki and a black roiro kizami saya with sakazuno (obi hook). Comes with blue chemical silk sageo (not in the pictures, but will be shipped with the sword).

The tsuba is antique (late Edo or showa period, can't tell myself) with a sukashi sakura (cherry) flower theme in perfect condition.
    Length: 75mm
    Width: 74mm
    Thickness: 4mm

Condition: Excellent. No rusts, not faults, no bending and no chips. It was used a few times for light cutting by the previous owner. There are only a few very tiny scratches, almost indetectable (I can hardly find them not to mention picturing them). The same has marks where the old bushido menuki were, but they do not show much.

The sword is located in the European Union and can be shipped to every country in it without custom duties. An uncustomised Bushido is sold by a retailer in the Germany for 1.119 EUR (the cheapest price in the EU I think) and Lohman charges 1.495 USD for a remount.

Asking 1.100 EUR plus actual shipping cost. That's the lowest I 'll go and I don't know if I 'll keep it for long.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Daring beyond power, risking against prudent advice and optimists in danger...
    Thucydides

Land of Sun and Stone, where the Free dwell...
    bump
    Daring beyond power, risking against prudent advice and optimists in danger...
    Thucydides