Thread: Mid 19th Century Knights Templar sword that is of personal interest.

Mid 19th Century Knights Templar sword that is of personal interest.

Pre ACW Ames Mfg Co. Templar sword
    I just got this one and for reason that will be clear later I will add it to the collection even though I avoid lodge swords. It is big and heavy and very much a weapon, however the point has been safed; which is the only real blemish.
    The style appears to be that of an RA Eminent Commander. There are several similar ones in The American Fraternal Sword ISBN: 1-931464-38-3. This a useful book when that occasional lodge sword comes your way. The Ames Sword Co. catalog has a later version of this sword shown as the No. 22.
    Now the reason I have a personal interest in this sword; because engraved on the scabbard is the name R.C. Graham. That is the name both my father and son.
    My Graham ancestors came from Massachusetts and were Masons.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

That is a great looking etch.

My paternal grandfather and of the Lodge Council Scottish Rite Bodies, Valley of Pittsburgh. I don't recall a sword as ever mentioned by family members and he had retired from Carnegie Tech by the late 1950s. I have so much more to remember of dad and grandfather and a sword would be an addition if it were to surface but I have a hunch it would have been apparent by now. We have all been somewhat pack rats, so it must have moved on decades ago.

The stars motif on the guards always a nice touch,

Cheers
    GC
    Last edited by Glen C.; 11-27-2018 at 10:51 AM.