Thread: Where in London to find pattern 1803 British officer sword?

Where in London to find pattern 1803 British officer sword?

I'm visiting London this June and one of the swords I'm looking for is the pattern 1803 British infantry sword with the lion head pommel. But when I search online for antique shops in London that might carry swords I seem to find mostly tourist shops that carry reproductions. I was a bit surprised by this. I just assumed London would have lots of shops with antique swords?

Where can I go to find a pattern 1803 ideally with a connection to the War of 1812?

One with solid provenance would be in a private collection. The Saleroom online auctions is a good source and the Brit dealers and collectors buy from there too.
    Your best bet is to buy privately from a Brit on this forum. British dealers are expensive in comparison to Canadian dealers.

Thanks for the advice. The only dealer I found in London that stood out was Peter Finer but as you said their stock looks expensive.
    Last edited by EricRS; 01-28-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: typo

Michael D Long has a beauty here: https://www.michaeldlong.com/product...ord-by-osborn/
    Deep pockets required.

Will Mathieson....nice bluing and great detail on the lion head too...but $$$$
    Last edited by EricRS; 01-29-2019 at 01:16 AM.

If you fancied a day trip to Brighton (a good day out) , I would thoroughly recommend The Lanes Armoury:

http://www.thelanesarmoury.co.uk/

Best prices are online auctions, many of the UK dealers also get their stock from there. Dealer pricing can double, triple or more the hammer price.