Thread: Values of stigma on a bayonet frog.

Values of stigma on a bayonet frog.

Hello.
    I ask experts to speak on the meaning of the symbols of D.R.P. on the bayonet frog of the Third Reich period parade bayonet.
    It is believed that the symbols of the D R P (without the dots after the letters), this belong to the ammunition in the postal service of the Third Reich, and D. R. P. (with dots after the letters) is a mark of the patented item.
    The meeting information is the same, that the symbols of R.P. (with dots after the letters) printed on the K98 combatant bayonets means that the bayonet belongs to the postal service.
    Where is the truth?
    Thanks in advance for your interest in my topic.
    Sincerely, Vladimir.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Vladimir,

I believe this marking indicates a Deutches Reich Patent. This painted aluminum backing plate is unique to this style of KS98 frog and would rate patent or copyright protection. The Reichspost KS 98 bayonets are generally "DRP" marked while the S84/98 bayonets by Weyersberg are "R.P." property marked as you indicate. Rifles and pistols issued by the Postschutz are similarly property marked.

Bottom line is that this frog is a desirable style by collectors and I think it would be worth twice, perhaps more, than the standard KS 98 style of commercial frog. These are hard to find.
    "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

George, thank you very much for the answer.