Thread: F s 1920's India Police officer's sword

F s 1920's India Police officer's sword

F S 1920'S INDIA POLICE OFFICER'S SWORD based upon the regulation 1827 Pat Rifle regiment sword and made by Guthrie & Valentine, Cork St., London W., who manufactured swords from this address between 1890 to 1924. making it likely the officer served in WW1 before transferring to the police.
    The sword is in very good condition, the plated hilt incorporates a king's crown and " IP" and has no plate loss, the fish skin grip and wire is complete and all original with no loss to either. The numbered blade 6935 is in overall very good condition and bright, the engravings include also the king's crown, "IP" , foliage etc., with only most minor blemishes. The original wood lined plated scabbard has a "freckled " appearance to the surface plating but remains overall in quite presentable appearance with no plating loose or flaking.
    Not many of these swords can have been made for such a very small force and is offered for sale purely for the reason it does not sit easily within my collection of regulation British swords and should go to a collector where it will be appreciated more.
    Priced at 495 GBP plus insured trackable shipping. I could possibly be open to reasonable offers.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by George Wheeler; 04-28-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Super sword, but I believe the cypher is actually ‘I P’ for India Police. If you google both badges, the Palestine Police initials are subtly different. The sword shown is an India Police Officers Sword.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Ben Bevan; 04-27-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Hi Ben,
    Thank you for your reply. After doing some research and comparing the two styles of initials as you suggest I think you are correct. I will try to amend my FS ad so there is no confusion.
    Thanks,
    P

Hi,
    I am a very new member to this site and am having difficulty on finding out how to amend a post or delete. Can any member give some guidance?
    Thanks,
    P

Quote Originally Posted by patricia harrington View Post
    Hi,
    I am a very new member to this site and am having difficulty on finding out how to amend a post or delete. Can any member give some guidance?
    Thanks,
    P
    I have edited your post to indicate "India Police" for you. Nice sword BTW.
    "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

Sword reduced to 425 GBP

Final reduction of sword to 295 GBP, will be available until end of May and if not sold returned to my collection. Thank you for looking