Thread: Japanese police dirk senior officers?

Japanese police dirk senior officers?

Hey. I have such an interesting dirk. Can anyone have more information about this dirk? or photos from catalogs or books?
    You can see more photo and video in website https://antiquegallery.com.ua/produc...e-police-dirk/
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Artem,

Yes, a high quality Japanese Police dirk. Most of these I see are rather plain but yours is extra quality with with the Police star on the back of the pommel and the five petal flower grip bolt securing the blade to the hilt.

There is little known about these dirks and I have never seen a photograph of one in wear in lieu of the Police sword. They are kind of a mystery since no official Police Bureau regulations for them have been discovered. However, Police sword regulations indicate the more decoration found on the backstrap the higher the rank. Yours seems to be decorated for around 1/3 or 1/2 of the backstrap so I would say it is for a mid-rank Officer.

I hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

Thank you very much. maybe someone else from the forum will say more?

Quote Originally Posted by George Wheeler View Post
    Artem,

Yes, a high quality Japanese Police dirk. Most of these I see are rather plain but yours is extra quality with with the Police star on the back of the pommel and the five petal flower grip bolt securing the blade to the hilt.

There is little known about these dirks and I have never seen a photograph of one in wear in lieu of the Police sword. They are kind of a mystery since no official Police Bureau regulations for them have been discovered. However, Police sword regulations indicate the more decoration found on the backstrap the higher the rank. Yours seems to be decorated for around 1/3 or 1/2 of the backstrap so I would say it is for a mid-rank Officer.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. i am will posting and waiting answer of collectors .