Thread: Royal Armouries Leeds

Royal Armouries Leeds

Living up in County Durham I'm fortunate in having the Royal Armouries in Leeds only a little more than an hours drive from home, It's impossible for anyone to tire of seeing the collection, I was there a few days since and thought some here may be interested in seeing a photo of the 'Hall of Steel' an amazing eight sided tower, several stories high with a cleverly designed octagonal pyramid viewing mirror placed at the base. It's nothing short of spectacular, well worth a visit for anyone venturing into Yorkshire. (and entry is free).
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Mel H; 07-03-2019 at 10:44 AM.

It's such a fantastic display isn't it. I spent an hour up and down those stairs when I went.

And, there's good parking nearby, plus a water taxi from the canal just outside the museum which is useful for dispatching the less interested family members to the nearby shopping centre.

Wow! This looks great. Another must visit place. Not too far from lovely York!

How far do you recon from Wyoming?
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Fairbanks View Post
    How far do you recon from Wyoming?
    Probably shorter than you would guess Eric, according to Google Earth, 4453 miles, as the crow flies. Give me a call when you're somewhere near.

Magnus, 40 Km by road from York.
    Last edited by Mel H; 07-04-2019 at 02:26 AM.