Thread: Wilkinson sword Jungle Knife?

Wilkinson sword Jungle Knife?

Hi Guys , been offered a Wilkinson jungle knife, indian para and a Cogswell & Harrison knife , does anyone know if this is good or were they copied? Or does someone know a site i could find out some info about them before buying?
    Any help appreciated
    cheers
    Phil
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Gawd , Terrible photos but only had chance for quick snap between jobsName:  P7200005.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  98.0 KBName:  P7200005.jpg
Size:  98.0 KBName:  P7200005.jpg
Size:  98.0 KB

Blog Entries
    The Wilkinson looks just fine. Btw, let me know if the Cogswell is up for grabs!
    mark@swordforum.com

~ Hostem Hastarum Cuspidibus Salutemus ~

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
    Benjamin Franklin

Just one question for Wilkinson's blades experts... the grips of these knives, were surplus P1908 sword grips, or were fashioned exactly in the same way because of some other reason? They do look strange for a general-purpose, utility jungle knife.
    SI, SI
    NO, NON

hes asking Australian ( yes it is still a real currency , barely), 500 for the jungle and $1000Au each on the indian para and the Cogswell , seems a fare price on trhe wilkinson, kinda pricey on the indian para but no idea on the Cogswell??????

Blog Entries
    Pass!
    mark@swordforum.com

~ Hostem Hastarum Cuspidibus Salutemus ~

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who don't."
    Benjamin Franklin

Juan the Wilkinson knife used "grip technology" of the 1908 pattern sword as mentioned in Volume 2, Mr Wilkinson of Pall Mall by Robert Wilkinson Latham.
    No other info beyond a photo is there. The grips intended shape is to naturally make the sword come to point. On a survival/utility knife the grip seems to work in this repurposing to some degree.

The grip on the Wilkinson appears to be purpose made of a material containing more a more plastic like material than the P1908 grip. I was surprised at the poor fit of the parts when I got one of the knives.

Will and Reese, thanks for your comments. Maybe the only material recycled for those grips were the original molds for the sword grips. Or was it an early marketing maneuver, to take advantage of the well-known sword pattern? Who knows...
    SI, SI
    NO, NON

I think perhaps Mr. Patton subscribed to that thought process.
    The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." --- Tench Coxe

Every Jungle Knife I have seen for sale in the last two years has been a similar price.