Thread: Interesting group of swords in Ireland

Interesting group of swords in Ireland

Wondering if anyone else here noticed the group of swords included in the recent auction in Ireland? An interesting set of three early Dragoon's with triangle guards was hotly contested, regardless of their condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mel H; 07-25-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Photo added

I'll take that as a No, then

Quote Originally Posted by Mel H View Post

I was watching but chasing something else.They'll probably look impressive with a bit of restoration.....the condition is not as bad as first appears.They certainly haven't been messed with.A real attic find
    Niall Dignan

Quote Originally Posted by niall dignan View Post
    I was watching but chasing something else.They'll probably look impressive with a bit of restoration.....the condition is not as bad as first appears.They certainly haven't been messed with.A real attic find
    Yes, the guards certainly have enough body to be retrievable, there were some other lots that interested me more than those but I'm wary of bidding on un-examined lots, not to mention the hassle of having them delivered to the UK.

For some reason, didn't turn up on my feed 'till today! Are you a new member, which might have led to your post awaiting approval?
    Very interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    For some reason, didn't turn up on my feed 'till today! Are you a new member, which might have led to your post awaiting approval?
    Very interesting to me.
    Hi David, no, I've been around for a while.

Yes, the guards certainly have enough body to be retrievable, there were some other lots that interested me more than those but I'm wary of bidding on un-examined lots, not to mention the hassle of having them delivered to the UK.
    The blades and hilts have some oxidation and surface rust but haven't lost their definition.

As regards hassle,wait 'till 1st. November
    Niall Dignan

Quote Originally Posted by niall dignan View Post
    The blades and hilts have some oxidation and surface rust but haven't lost their definition.

As regards hassle,wait 'till 1st. November
    As stated earlier, probably a damp attic (or cellar) rather than excavated, maybe a better buy than I implied.

I'm intrigued by the 1st November quote, does it imply an increase or some decrease in the Hassle department?