Thread: Manville Settler's Days 21st-22nd September 20019

Manville Settler's Days 21st-22nd September 20019

http://www.msrgc.com/

I missed doing anything last year and blamed it on the weather. I am once again tentatively going to set up at least something (knives and a handful of swords&books). I'm getting old or something and my motivation is down a bit flying solo but it's good to air some stuff out. The younger guys are doing couples stuff on weekends now. Ironic, in that the fellow first inviting me down there had been in it 100%. Time changes priorities.

Once I start loading, I always have trouble not grabbing another box or bag. Maybe just the militia swords this year.

I will update that Friday but I'm somehow praying for rain. What a lousy attitude We'll see. Anyway, Road Island at its best on the first weekend of fall. Get off my duff and just do it.

Cheers
    GC

Glen you need one of those tarp covers, some have fold up legs/roof supports. A cart or wagon help move things to your site. Never give up! I see you have some less expensive knives, good for price point and sales. I find only having swords much less likely to sell anything of value. I once brought a couple higher end swords and no one looked at them, they have no idea what they are but put a shiny copy on the table and get lots of action.

Thanks Will.

For me it has just become a bit beyond my own limitations. I used to have a pop up, that collapsed in the wake of a hurricane during the 2008 weekend A stroke, weeks after that. Some other issues just makes it all too easy to cancel at the threat of weather. I done got old.

So far, that Sunday and following Monday read as rain by the forecasters. I'll have a better view of it in another week or so.

Cheers
    GC

Glen if it's any consolation you're not the only one getting old. It is a struggle to stay on the right side of the grass. I find modern clothing such as Gortex helps keep comfortable.
    The militaria shows I attend rent halls and sports venues so it's warm and dry. Decades ago I went to outside antique car/parts shows but there are no more cars and parts, what's left is well picked over, that era is over for restorations.

Long range weather is looking promising and I am running out of excuses not to show at least a few swords.

One early forecast was showing an inch of rain for the 22nd but I may have had the wrong state. I'll only know for sure, if I have actually loaded some stuff.

Aside from feeling lousy after a jawbreaker episode, I'm as able as I'll ever be for now.

Cheers
    GC

Last eagle in and would be one of a few swords not in the distant storage. A coupe of militia swords, a European cuttoe, an m1832 artillery sword, another spadroon and a 17th century feldegen would easily get gathered here. My main cache is less easily at hand but I'll know next week if I load out a large horde. The knives would be there.

All systems go, with just a few swords.

Weather is expected to be stellar both days.

Cheers
    GC

Good luck with the weekend Glen. A good time of year for sales.
    For transport of swords I use one of those zip up golf bags with two small wheels. Inside has an adjustable strap and a velcro padded fold over to secure the contents. The handle at opposite end of the wheels lets you maneuver it around.