Thread: Naval Boarding Axes

Naval Boarding Axes

My article on The British Naval Boarding Axe is finished and has now been published in the Arms and Armour journal of the Royal Armouries Museum.

I'd like to thank all those collectors who contributed with their knowledge and details of axes in their collections.

It is not a widely circulated magazine but I do have a limited number of free links to give away which also allows a download of the article.
    Anyone interested in a free link please PM me and I'll send you one.

My next project is to improve the information on American boarding axes so if you have one in your collection - please PM me.

The article can be found at
    https://u9648322.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/...BybMh96Ec6g-3D

Regards,
    David

Hi David,

Congratulations on your publication.

I don't want to take up one of your links as its outside my area of interest. How long have you been working on that out of interest?

Regards

Thanks James,

I have been collecting information for my website -boardingaxe.com- for several years now. You'll remember you sent me the pictures from the Hamburg Marine Museum some time ago and I have used your picture of the Prussian axe. It's under Other Nations. I have not enough info for a full German page yet.

As for the article - well it has taken the best part of a year. To get access to the Royal Armouries stores with the largest collection, access to the archive of other museums and to gather information from other collectors put it all together and then get peer reviewed, edited by the magazine and then edited by the publisher all takes up time. Not a great deal of reward - well except the satisfaction of course and some free links to give away!

Regards,
    David.

sent pm.

Thanks for the link; well worth a read. It's a well written and interesting article even for a non-axe enthusiast! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

David,

Congratulations!

Hi Edvardas,

Thanks for that and I've sent you a link.

I still have a few free links left if anyone else wants one.
    Regards,
    David.

Congratulations, David, on completion of the article.

If you have a link left, I would appreciate one.

I collect axes, but the closest things to a boarding axe that I have are some WW2 ARP axes, some WW2 glider/AC escape axes, and pre/post WW2 British fire axes (1 of each).

Thanks, Wayne, I have pm'd you a link.
    Regards,
    David

Hi David,

This subject is of definite interest to me & I would greatly appreciate a link please if you have another.

Kind regards
    Adrian Roads

No problem Adrian, on the way.
    Regards, David.

Greatly appreciated, many thanks!