Thread: Chinese Army Sword 1950s?

Chinese Army Sword 1950s?

Hello

What are your thoughts on this sword?
    I know they reproduce everything, is this sword a repo?
    I looked everywhere for comparisons.
    Sword is heavy and has matching numbers.
    Thank you
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images      

pics

Attached Images Attached Images   

I owned one of these in the 1980's but it had stamped serial numbers and no leather on the scabbard. I did not think it was authentic when compared to earlier authentic swords of the same pattern.
    They appear newly made today:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32875828268.html

Hello
    Thank you Will
    Tony

I own one also...…. purchasd it in 1980 ish, mine has all leather and shouder harness also all etched numbers match... I believe it is real thing also see page 24 Fuller and Gregory book on that sword ….. bill

Hi Bill
    Thanks for the info on the sword and the book
    Very helpful
    Tony

u bet bill

Quote Originally Posted by Will Mathieson View Post
    I owned one of these in the 1980's but it had stamped serial numbers and no leather on the scabbard. I did not think it was authentic when compared to earlier authentic swords of the same pattern.
    They appear newly made today:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32875828268.html
    And made with 420 stainless steel... true wallhangers, stay well apart from them if you are looking for a real sword to cut or simply wield it safely.
    SI, SI
    NO, NON

Juan I didn't have that sword for long and sold it. These are copies that do not interest me. Strange how some believe they are authentic because they are Chinese while swords from any other country made to this quality level and materials are easily accepted as copies.

why go to the trouble and make them out of 420 S.S. instead of making them out of cold rolled steel and just polish them ?or other cheap steel ..bill