Thread: In spite of the current situation here---more stuff!

In spite of the current situation here---more stuff!

Guys: Despite the virus, I have more stuff piling up here. E Bay and local sellers...

Dale
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Excellent!

A very nice pile Dale. You are certainly spending your quarantine time well.
    "You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

Nice haul Dale. I think in the immediate future depending who owns edged weapons the prices will drop on the more common types. People experiencing financial difficulties will sell off their items. I don't see this affecting higher end pieces.

Guys: The "Govnah" here in Alabama has re-opened the State, somewhat. Most of this came from dealers who called me trying to stir up some money! Monday the restaurants and bars reopen, and the flea markets already have to a limited extent. If anything else turns up, I will post it here.

BTW: I never had three of the Prussian Artillery Sabers with wood grips before---all at once....I was looking for decent bakelite grip model, and the seller called me and said he had one, but someone had changed the grip to wood..
    Last edited by Dale Martin; 05-09-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Hi Dale,

Great haul Dale. Are either of the KS 52 unit marked?

I am patiently waiting for shipping costs to drop in Belgium. I have a KS 552/79 trooper issued sword which I hope might just have a unit mark or two on it. Some considerable rust on the guard but we'll see.

Also waiting for a Queensland (Australia) 1822 Officer's cavalry sword. Waiting for the compulsory isolation so that the seller can access work and get it posted. Maybe soon. This year, Jerusalem!

George
    “The Australian Light Horse attack on Beersheba was the last important cavalry charge in history and the last to win a resounding victory that altered the course of a war." Alec Hepburn

Yes, one is unit marked, but those are Kammerstücken, not regular issue...I have one that is unit marked here, in a different pile...

Dale

15th Hussars, from the War of 1870...

Lucky fellow.

My good news today is that my recent purchase arrived; a 1879, the Löwenkopfsäbel, (Kavallerieoffizier interimsäbel), with ruby eyes and Pertha gutta type hand grip and a single-edged, single fuller blade, not pipe back nor combat weight. Cleaned up a very dirty guard with simple brasso and it looks great.

George
    “The Australian Light Horse attack on Beersheba was the last important cavalry charge in history and the last to win a resounding victory that altered the course of a war." Alec Hepburn