Thread: Fiskars Bayonet

Fiskars Bayonet

Fellows: I recently obtained this from J. Kaplan. A minty Fiskars bayonet, never issued apparently, or not much used. The bayonet mavens do not have any real information on the dirt clearnace hole in the hilt, some think that it was a later mod, so it is possible that new bayonets were made with this improvement. Maybe someone here knows for sure?

PS: No one can give me the exact model of this one.

Dale
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Martin View Post
    Fellows: I recently obtained this from J. Kaplan. A minty Fiskars bayonet, never issued apparently, or not much used. The bayonet mavens do not have any real information on the dirt clearnace hole in the hilt, some think that it was a later mod, so it is possible that new bayonets were made with this improvement. Maybe someone here knows for sure?

PS: No one can give me the exact model of this one.

Dale
    Might it be this one: https://www.catawiki.com/l/18336797-...o-1938-finland ? Click on ”View this lot.” Fiskars is one of Finland’s oldest companies dating from iron works founded in 17thC.

It is the Finnish model 1935, pg 64, #4 in Janzens Notebook. When I can't find a bayonet elsewhere I look to Janzens.