Thread: FS: Sword of the Archangel Michael by Maciej Kopciuch (Special Commission Project)

Exclamation FS: Sword of the Archangel Michael by Maciej Kopciuch (Special Commission Project)

It pains me deeply but unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am having to part with yet another special commission project.
    This commission was based on the Hans Memling painting of the Archangel Michael (circa 1479) and historically falls within the 1380-1450 time period. It is razor sharp and fully functional.
    I commissioned this work in August of 2018 and it was completed in December of 2019.
    Maciej Kopciuch is the bladesmith and is a world renowned swordsmith and artist. If you are not familiar with his works, please do some research on him so you can fully appreciate this piece.

I have attached a few pics to this post but here is a link to a more comprehensive detailed explanation of all the history, inspiration, specifications and several high res pics of the work...

https://artofswordmaking.com/gallery...l-hans-memling

I am asking $4000USD shipped just to recover what I originally paid. This is a showcase collectors item and will only appreciate with time.
    It will ship in a foam lined hard case with insurance. I am located in the US and willing to ship internationally but obviously that might require additional charges.

Feel free to PM with me with any questions you might have.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

You might sell it quicker and at a higher price over here in this sword forum... https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/b...ems-sale-trade
    "virtute et armis"

Hello,

Isn't that the same sword in a different listing several months ago: http://myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic....hlight=memling

Thanks in advance for the info!

Yes it is... me thinks it may now be a scam...
    "virtute et armis"

Quote Originally Posted by Yuliyan V. View Post
    Hello,

Isn't that the same sword in a different listing several months ago: http://myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic....hlight=memling

Thanks in advance for the info!
    Hello. No this is not the same sword and it is definitely not a scam but thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I can produce the entire year long FB messenger transcript between Maciej and I during the entire process if needed as proof. This is the original, the first one ever of its kind. However, I do know that Maciej did make a few other variants for other customers due to the huge response this one had.
    Last edited by Jason Godwin; 02-16-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenF View Post
    You might sell it quicker and at a higher price over here in this sword forum... https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/b...ems-sale-trade
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will absolutely do that.

Also, the seller of the other sword even references my sword (the original) in his posting...

"Hello all, I very recently acquired this sword from Maciej Kopciuch (a commission that began before the Covid crisis). Like many, I’m currently baring the brunt of the financial knock-ons and have to part with a few of the sellable items in my collection. Here’s a link to the original version of the sword, mine has some different blade specs (total length of the sword - 43”, 32.5” - blade length, 2.25” - blade width at the crossguard, POB just under 3” from the crossguard)."

I see - that makes perfect sense! Please forgive me, I didn't mean to question your integrity.

You have an absolutely gorgeous sword. If I haven't bought an expensive nihonto recently I would've been all over it. Best of luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuliyan V. View Post
    I see - that makes perfect sense! Please forgive me, I didn't mean to question your integrity.

You have an absolutely gorgeous sword. If I haven't bought an expensive nihonto recently I would've been all over it. Best of luck with the sale!
    No worries!! No offense taken!! Thank you!! I appreciate guys like you looking out for potential scams. We need more of that. Enjoy that new nihonto!!

Jason, sorry for the skeptical comment but im a Reagan Republican.. "trust but verify" '-) Best of luck with the sale and IO see you have it listed over as SBG now. I will wager it will sell there.
    "virtute et armis"

Quote Originally Posted by StephenF View Post
    Jason, sorry for the skeptical comment but im a Reagan Republican.. "trust but verify" '-) Best of luck with the sale and IO see you have it listed over as SBG now. I will wager it will sell there.
    No worries brother. I am skeptical of everything lol. And like I said, thanks for looking out for the forums.

Sold