Thread: Spare parts for American swords

Spare parts for American swords

Hello everybody.
    I would like to ask for help in purchasing spare parts for the scabbard of the American non-commissioned infantry sword of the 1860 model and the American cavalry saber of the 1972 (1880) model.

I have restored the rusty scabbard of a NCO's sword of 1860, on which the brass mouth of the scabbard has been removed.
    I painted the scabbard in black - this does not correspond to the historical accuracy, but I think it is impossible to bring them to their original state in color.
    Maybe someone had an unnecessary brass mouth for such a scabbard?
    I would buy or exchange it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I also need the brass end of the scabbard of the American cavalry saber of 1872, which was lost on the scabbard of the saber I have in my collection.
    Here is:

If anyone has such spare parts for sale, you can write me a personal message.
    I can also offer original spare parts for the sheath of the Dragoon saber of the 1881 model of the year for exchange for the parts I need, they also fit the Soviet cavalry saber of the 1927 model - a set of rings for the scabbard for attaching the bayonet to the Mosin rifle. And separately the lower ring for the scabbard under the bayonet.

Tom Nardi may have something: http://swordrestorationtn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Sukhomlinov View Post
    I have restored the rusty scabbard of a NCO's sword of 1860, on which the brass mouth of the scabbard has been removed.
    I painted the scabbard in black - this does not correspond to the historical accuracy, but I think it is impossible to bring them to their original state in color.
    Maybe someone had an unnecessary brass mouth for such a scabbard?
    I would buy or exchange it.
    Your scabbard is for a M1860/72 staff officer sword. The early models came with two scabbards, one blued or browned for everyday wear, one with nickel plated for dress. Later swords c.1880 came with only nickel plated scabbards.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Sukhomlinov View Post
    I also need the brass end of the scabbard of the American cavalry saber of 1872, which was lost on the scabbard of the saber I have in my collection.
    Here is:
    This appears to be the drag of a M1860/72 S&F sword. The M1872/80 cavalry and mounted officers' sword were more like this:

Name:  M1872 Horstmann Cav Stoll 11.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  98.0 KB

Will, Richard, thanks for the answers.
    It turns out that the black or brown color of the scabbard was on the early swords for everyday wear - now I will know.
    I will take a photo of the handle of the sword itself, from which this scabbard will be laid out in the subject - based on the picture. which is on the guard of the sword, I concluded that it was a sergeant's sword.
    Now I also know what the correct brass ending for the 1972 sword scabbard is.
    Sincerely, Vladimir.

Photo of a sword hilt

Sword maker: W. Clauberg. Solingen.
    Dealer: Schuyler, Hartley & Graham, New York, NY. (1867-1878).

Sword photo

The offer for the purchase of the spare parts I am interested in is still relevant ...
    Sincerely, Vladimir.