Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gus in action!

Cool Gus in action!

Yep...finally got home from my latest travels last night, and edited the footage from the cutting party last week! I'm in the process of uploading clips, so please bear with me.

For your viewing pleasure, I uploaded footage of Gus in action first. Right-click to upload. The clip is 13.8 megabytes: http://www.swordlady.com/Gus6-16-04.mpg

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Jennifer Yabut; 06-21-2004 at 06:40 PM.
    "Impossible" is a word that humans use far too often.
    - Seven of Nine

Here's a pic of the mutilated 55 gallon oil drum:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - Seven of Nine

And a shot of me holding the AT1591. Wow...it really is about as tall as me!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - Seven of Nine

Re: Gus in action!

Originally posted by Jennifer Yabut
    Yep...finally got home from my latest travels last night, and edited the footage from the cutting party last week! I'm in the process of uploading clips, so please bear with me.

For your viewing pleasure, I uploaded footage of Gus in action first. Right-click to upload. The clip is 13.8 megabytes: http://www.swordlady.com/Gus6-16-04.mpg

Enjoy!
    wow, gotta respect a man who is all no nonsense when it comes down to cutting. very nice cuts.
    I like swords.

If you want to climb a mountain, begin at the top.

"Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence." - Don Nelson

learn the way to preserve rather than destroy.
    avoid rather than check, check rather than hurt, hurt rather than maim, maim rather than kill.
    for all life is precious, not one can be replaced.

Lady Jennifer,

Wonderful videography! First opportunity to see an Angus Trim (two of them) in action! Awesome! Have seen lots of stuff "sliced, diced, and julienne fried" over the years, but both Angus Trim's make it look easy... As regards to size, remember what the late, great, General George Patton said, "It's not the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog." I sense that regardless of sword size or type, you'd be just as deadly with either AT1591 or an ATD003... (His biggest and littlest?)
    I look forward to more of your action films, Milady, and wish you well...

Sincerely,
    Carter
    Freedom isn't free...

"There is nothing so comforting in a dark room, as three feet of cold steel." -Robert Anson Heinlein, American Patriot.

TANSTAAFL

6. HAHAHAHAH!!

MY DAY HAS BEEN MADE!!!

FINALLY i get to see the old dawg cut!!!

Ya know Gus, I think I'll get around to flying out your way and challenging you to a cutting competition eh?

No one will really win, but what the heck right? gotta call it something!!!

Jennifer,
    Another trip? May I ask how you're managing all of this travel? Well more power to ya, in any event -- I'm just a little jealous.

Gus -- I've never seen even stills of you handling your own instruments of bottle/jug/drum slaying. Gus Trim with a Gus Trim is truly an imposing sight
    Maybe you oughta come out to the PA cutting party when it happens. I'll bet one of us could put you up -- I could provide the wrap-up Guinness at the very least.

What was that first sharpie? Looked a little like Tinker's crazy tactical knife.
    Last edited by Josh Aldous; 06-21-2004 at 08:18 PM.

Originally posted by Josh Aldous
    Jennifer,
    Another trip? May I ask how you're managing all of this travel? Well more power to ya, in any event -- I'm just a little jealous.

Gus -- I've never seen even stills of you handling your own instruments of bottle/jug/drum slaying. Gus Trim with a Gus Trim is truly an imposing sight
    Maybe you oughta come out to the PA cutting party when it happens. I'll bet one of us could put you up -- I could provide the wrap-up Guinness at the very least.

What was that first sharpie? Looked a little like Tinker's crazy tactical knife.
    Well...let's just say that I can't afford to go anywhere else for a while...

And yes, that is Tinker's new tactical sword. That was the piece he primarily used last week.

Here are the rest of the cutting clips. They are ranging between 15 - 21 megabytes. There isn't any chronological order; Gus actually didn't do any cutting til the end. I sorted out all the cutting footage by person:

Me: http://www.swordlady.com/Jen6-16-04.mpg

Tinker is giving me some pointers in this clip: http://www.swordlady.com/Teachingmoment6-16-04.mpg

Restita (I split her footage into two parts): http://www.swordlady.com/Restita16-16-04.mpg

http://www.swordlady.com/Restita26-16-04.mpg

Stacy (Tinker's apprentice): http://www.swordlady.com/Stacy6-16-04.mpg

Tinker (split in two segments): http://www.swordlady.com/Tinker16-16-04.mpg

http://www.swordlady.com/Tinker26-16-04.mpg
    - Seven of Nine

Re: Re: Gus in action!

Originally posted by Jeff Ellis
    wow, gotta respect a man who is all no nonsense when it comes down to cutting. very nice cuts.
    Definitely. Tinker knows his stuff too! He helped me out a bit with his little tactical knife.
    - Seven of Nine

Lady Jennifer,

Great videos! I'm particularly impressed with the chipping, and the value of "follow through" in the execution of the sword cutting... Well Done! Thanks for your wonderful efforts! Easy to see why a cutting party would be so much fun!

Carter
    Freedom isn't free...

"There is nothing so comforting in a dark room, as three feet of cold steel." -Robert Anson Heinlein, American Patriot.

TANSTAAFL

11. Thank you so much Jennifer for these videos!!!

The Gus one was Great!!! I am actually rather surprised: Gus is left handed!!! It never really crossed my mind i guess hehehe

The Tinker ones are hilarious, He and Gus are so laid back about whackin the crap outta bottles!

Originally posted by Carter Leffen
    Lady Jennifer,

Great videos! I'm particularly impressed with the chipping, and the value of "follow through" in the execution of the sword cutting... Well Done! Thanks for your wonderful efforts! Easy to see why a cutting party would be so much fun!

Carter
    Thanks - in case you didn't notice, Restita and I also used the AT1591 (the sword that is almost our height). The longsword handled quite nimbly, and is very fast!
    - Seven of Nine

Lady Jennifer,

Yes, Ma'am, I did notice you and the Lady Restita! You both grace the most beautiful of steel, that of Angus Trim, and 'The' Tinker! And like them, and their works, neither of you should ever be taken for granted, or go unnoticed! OUCH! I would not ever want to be so foolish, nor should any other male... Somebody, (was it Shakespeare?) said that the female is deadlier than the male... To this old knuckle dragging, drooling, Neandertal, that is glaringly obvious! Women and steel, it's a good, no, GREAT, thing!!! Without a doubt, you ladies have done SFI proud...

Well Done, Miladies,

Carter
    Freedom isn't free...

TANSTAAFL

AT 1591

Jennifer,

I really like the look of that AT1591.
    It looks similar to the AT1548 which is listed as a current model on the website.
    I would like to see how the AT1591 is priced and its specifications but I cant seem to find it on the AT website. is it an older or discontinued model?

Thanks,
    James M.

Man...I want that sword NOW!

...The AT1591 just landed in my "must have" list. The more I like at that picture of myself and that sword (not to mention the video footage), the more I want it...
    - Seven of Nine

Re: AT 1591

Originally posted by James D. Martin Jr.
    Jennifer,

It looks similar to the AT1548 which is listed as a current model on the website.

Id like to see how the AT1591 is priced and its specifications but I cant seem to find it on the AT website. is it an older or discontinued model?

Thanks,
    James M.
    Actually, the AT1591 is a new model. You can find the stats here: http://www.allsaintsblades.com/AT1591.htm

James posted about this sword a little while ago: http://forums.swordforum.com/showthr...threadid=36620

BTW, the AT1591 is ten inches LONGER than the AT1548...and she's a VERY fast sword...
    - Seven of Nine

Lady Jennifer,

She looks good on you! Nice choice for your future sword...

Carter
    Freedom isn't free...

TANSTAAFL

Thanks for posting these- that was a fun day!
    Tinkerswords.com Fine knives, swords and daggers in the style of the European Middle Ages and Viking Era

"Then, one night as my car was going backwards through a cornfield an ninety miles per hour, I had an epiphany..."

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Angus Trim is offline Moderator
    Sword Fabricator
    SFI Honorary Educational Advisor

Re: AT 1591

Originally posted by James D. Martin Jr.
    Jennifer,

I would like to see how the AT1591 is priced and its specifications but I cant seem to find it on the AT website. is it an older or discontinued model?

Thanks,
    James M.
    Hi James

The AT1548 is a current model, I believe on the site it has a 7 inch handle {9 inch hilt}. There's a prototype here that has an 8 inch handle {10 inch hilt}.

The AT1591 is considerably longer with a 42.75 inch blade, 56 inch total length..... and weighs in at 3.5lbs.

For all of that its a pretty nimble sword........

Sword Fabricator
    Thanks Lady Jenn

For posting all of this.......

Auld Dawg

Yes, Jen, thanks for posting the vids! Now if only my slow ol' dialup could only creep along just a little faster in download, I'd be a happy camper!

It was a fun day, indeed! And we couldn't have asked for better weather!

Download them pics of Gus, guys,....collector's items for sure! I'll be on Ebay in a few minutes.... LOL

Just teasin', Gus!
    Restita DeJesus

"The expectations of life depend upon diligence;
    The mechanic that would perfect his work, must first sharpen his tools."
    - Confucius

http://www.facebook.com/SeattleWushu

Originally posted by Angus Trim
    Thanks Lady Jenn

For posting all of this.......

Auld Dawg
    You're welcome. Are you the one who changed my avatar? I rather like it...

And as requested, here are the clips of us beating up the oil drum. Please note that we were using a TEST sword (a prototype AT1435), and certainly do not recommend this type of abuse!

http://www.swordlady.com/Oildrum16-16-04.mpg

http://www.swordlady.com/Oildrum26-16-04.mpg

Incidently, the sword fared MUCH better than the oil drum.
    - Seven of Nine

Sword Fabricator
    Originally posted by Jennifer Yabut
    You're welcome. Are you the one who changed my avatar? I rather like it...

Hi Lady Jenn

As much as I'd like to take credit for something you like, I can't. Wasn't me.....

If I had to come up with a suspect, I'd think Adrian. He's an admirer of yours actually, but he's even shyer than I am....

*g*

Auld Dawg

Sword Fabricator
    Originally posted by Restita DeJesus
    Yes, Jen, thanks for posting the vids! Now if only my slow ol' dialup could only creep along just a little faster in download, I'd be a happy camper!

It was a fun day, indeed! And we couldn't have asked for better weather!

Download them pics of Gus, guys,....collector's items for sure! I'll be on Ebay in a few minutes.... LOL

Just teasin', Gus!
    Actually, it was more fun watching you cutting...... Tiger Growl and all........

*g*

What was the sword Gus was using in the latter half of that first video? I like the look of it a lot.

-v
    W.W.D.N.D?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast