Thread: New Toy Ordered!

New Toy Ordered!

Hi to all its been a long time since ive posted on here so i dont expect i know many of you.

Anyway i have just ordered a new sword from a company in the states that i use for my "modern" knives and would like some opinions if anyone would be kind enough to take a look or ,ideally, if anyone here has had experience with them first hand.

http://www.coldsteel.com/88hnh.html

Many thanks, Colin
    Last edited by C. Giles; 09-03-2006 at 04:02 AM.
    "Say you know when you know; say you dont when you dont. That is knowledge." - Confucius

"The pen is mightier than the sword you say? Lets test that theory shall we, you can have a biro?"

www.the-exiles.org.uk

I've ordered some pieces from them over the years.Never had any problems.
    What kind of sword did you buy?
    Also,welcome back...
    regards Tom

There's been quite a lot of negative feedback on the hand and a half model by Coldsteel. The most negative being, someone reported that the pommel on his HnH broke off.

Run a search (SEARCH is your friend) on the forum, you'll get a lot of feedback.
    'I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand, has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.
    I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand, has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.
    I do not kill with my weapon; he who kills with his weapon, has forgotten the face of his father........
    I kill with my heart.'

Thanks Tom and Thomas,

It was cold steels hand and a half sword as my interest is in european 13-15th century longswords.

Will be running a search after writing this post, thanks again for the replies.
    "Say you know when you know; say you dont when you dont. That is knowledge." - Confucius

"The pen is mightier than the sword you say? Lets test that theory shall we, you can have a biro?"

www.the-exiles.org.uk

Cold Steel

It would be good, after you recieve your sword to give some impressions about that particular sowrd. In my opinion Cold Steel make good swords, no exactly masterpieces, but swords that can cut and hold up some abuse.
    The hand and a half model had some bad reviews, but others said that their swords are fine, so i'm interested in this sword. So any information good or bad will be helpful.
    Ricardo Turner

Hi Ricardo,

Had an email today and sword will be sent on the 9th and should take 10-14 days to arrive.
    Will be putting it through some cutting tests and want to get a feeel for its balance etc... - will certainly post my thoughts and a few pics after that though i certainly dont claim any sort of expertise on the subject as im still cutting my teeth, if you excuse the pun, in terms training in and understanding swordsmanship.

For any who may be interested i purchased the sword from an ebay based company called flames-n-knives who sell Cold Steel and Paul Chen swords for what seem to be below their factory stated prices.

Regards, Colin

www.the-exiles.org.uk

I know the owner of flames n knives. I have a CS imperial and
    it's o.k. just o.k. nothing that great but it serves it's purpose.
    www.warriorkoshirae.com