Thread: wally hayes KATANA dvd

wally hayes KATANA dvd

Hey guys

thanks for the warm welcome since ive joined

what do you think of the Waaly Hayes dvd by paladin?

Is it the right step for the beginner?

anyone made his forge or a blade successfully from this dvd?

any help would be much appreciated.

It is a good video... Covers the steps from creation of the blade through stock removal to the differential hardening and finish work thoroughly enough a beginner could follow along easily enough. Other than the heat treating of the blade there is no forge work in there, though.....

Get on you tube and type in Yoshindo Yoshihara. They have some stuff working with himself and his students.

Yulan, NY, yes I know you have never heard of it:D
    Yeah I have that GREAT dvd, but kind of skewed since he uses a pro grinder and stuff.
    I dunno. Iron is sort-of the Paris Hilton of metals, and carbon, nickel, chromium silicon, etc. are a bunch of good looking guys she just met at a party. - Al Massey

Hey guys thanks again.

ive looked at a couple of bladesmithing courses here in the UK, that something id like to do in the future so maybe sometime next year.

I think the dvd would be a great way to gain some idea of the basic process.

However i cant imagine setting up a forge in my house, just yet. cos my mum would go nuts lol

Yulan, NY, yes I know you have never heard of it:D
    No worries man. It is a GREAT dvd to get the knowledge of the whole process, a very cool sword too.
    I dunno. Iron is sort-of the Paris Hilton of metals, and carbon, nickel, chromium silicon, etc. are a bunch of good looking guys she just met at a party. - Al Massey