Thread: Highlander Dark Magic sword

Highlander Dark Magic sword

Hi all, I have the dark magic sword from Art Gladius, and it has befallen a horific accident. It fell off the wall and the tsuba and tsuka broke . This was a year ago and I have not been able to find a replacement for it as of yet.

Can anyone give me contact info for Art Gladius or tell me if I can use a standard tsuba and tsuka with this sword?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Tim...

I'm not sure of contact info so can't help you much there. But, I don't think you'll find any real standard tsuka to fit, without making one. I had one of the Dark Magic blades I got after it had befallen the same accident yours had, apparently. The tsuba was broken off and the handle snapped. Not surprising since the 'tang' was only about 2 to 3 inches long on it . To make it even worse, they had a plastic loose fitting sleeve around the tang and that just made it more prone to breakage, I think... To mount a new tsuka in any traditional manner would require cutting the blade down, which I did on that one, though I never mounted it up. Did stick a dancing crane tsuba on it but after it sat for a good long while and I didn't finish it up I sold it on ebay as a project sword for someone else to play with...

I can't even speak at all to whether the blade was workable or not, I didn't test it.... (Ofcourse, you didn't ask about that and I'm just rambling... )

Definitely a decorator piece exclusively as it came from the factory, based on what I've seen.