Thread: Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth

I wonder when this replica will come out?

http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/
    David Pan

I like the engraving on the cross, but I think Will S.'s is better: http://www.swordforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65669
    ~PER ARDUA~

Ahhh thanks for digging that thread up. I had been looking for it. I think Will S.' interpretitation is almost perfect. It's elegant without being gaudy.

I think the one from the upcomming TV series looks like a $29.99 home shopping network wallhanger special.
    "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares risk plowing for those who do not"

Yeah, Will S.'s is definitely true to the original vision, where as the TV series....
    David Pan

Smile

Thanks guys.

I too was dissapointed with the sword pictured in the series poster. Since I had made two swords for Terry and his webmaster had hinted at them being shown to Raimi... I didn't think mine were necessarily good enough to use or copy, but might have relayed a more authentic feel to the weapon than what they chose. To me the one chosen looks really artificial and cheap. I much prefer the "authentic/historical fantasy" look of the LOTR swords, or even the Kingdom of Heaven swords.,That was what I was after when I made mine, while staying as true as possible to the book description and obviously using the chapter heading drawing done by Terry himself.

I have been sidetracked by life for the past while, but have plans to get back to work on two projects soon. One is a waaay overdue 90% completed commission for Mr. McIntyre, the other is another fantasy replica, this time from my favourite comic book series - now long dead.

New job = new schedule = more time to play...
    "Dontopedology is the Science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it. I've been practicing it for years."
    -- Prince Philip

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
    -- Red Green

OMG!! Craig Parker is playing Darken Rahl! Go Haldir!!!