Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: HandMade Real HandMade Katana Sword

After the first stone polishing

This is the sword after it has been polished with the first stone. notice the marks on the blade and even now you can begin to see the harmon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

http://www.zubengforge.com/

My name is on the Sword and my name is my steel my steel is my heart, my lifes work.

2. wow this has been one of the best threads on SFI in years!

Dear Mods,
    When this thread is finished, is it possible for you to "Sticky" the thread and remove everybody's comments except for Mr Chen Rich's postings.

May I also congratulate Mr Rich and agree with everybody that this has been one of the best threads I've seen in a long time.
    Cryf oedd calon hn y glas glogwyni,
    Cryfach oedd ei ebill ef a'i ddr,
    Chwyddodd gyfoeth gŵr yr aur a'r faenol,
    O'i enillion prin a'i amal gr.

thank you all for your words

thank you all

thanks again.

i want to say that i did not think this thread would be so nice to do but now i want to thank you for all your good words

thank you
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

My name is on the Sword and my name is my steel my steel is my heart, my lifes work.

i would like all of you to know one thing

if you want a real sword made by me be sure it is really made by me.

their is some one selling swords and using my name to sell them. also my pictures.

my swords come with a paper that says i made it and i sign my name to the paper. the sword has my name hammered into the steel where the handle goes. the imprint of the name i hammered into the sword also has a copy on the paper.

so becareful of fake swords from others.

thank you
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

polishing stone

Quote Originally Posted by Timo Qvintus View Post
    May I sidetrack you for a while? Could you post a picture of your polishing rig, specifically how you pin down the polishing stone and how you have mounted the wood supports to the plastic bucket/vat? I've been trying to work out the best way to do this myself, and I would appreciate seeing a setup that obviously works (for you, at least).
    if you are using both sides of the stone then one side will get unflat. it will then not sit flat on the wood. try to use only one side of the stone and keep the other side flat. then use a towel to protect it and cushion it from the wood.

thank you
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn Mowll View Post
    Dear Mods,
    When this thread is finished, is it possible for you to "Sticky" the thread and remove everybody's comments except for Mr Chen Rich's postings.

May I also congratulate Mr Rich and agree with everybody that this has been one of the best threads I've seen in a long time.

A agree with the sticky, i think others postings are important, especially the questions that Mr Chen answers. Perhaps leave the question posts, and take off all the extra, thank yous, great posts ect.

and on that note
    Thank you Again Mr Chen, this is one of the bests threads we have had in a long time,

Last edited by M.K. Ridgeway; 10-19-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lewis Smith View Post
    A agree with the sticky, i think others postings are important, especially the questions that Mr Chen answers. Perhaps leave the question posts, and take off all the extra, thank yous, great posts ect.

and on that note
    Thank you Again Mr Chen, this is one of the bests threads we have had in a long time,
    I agree, sticky... leave questions and other "meat " and ditch all the other poata (like this one

Please publish the link so that we can all educate ourselves... don't want to fall prey to fake ones!

best post

Quote Originally Posted by David Lewis Smith View Post

and on that note
    thank you and you are too kind to me.

i will try my best to do the pictures and tell the manner that i make swords. but i ask you please remember that this is my way. there is other ways and many good sword makers. i am humble to know you like my work.

thank you
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

number 2 stone

This is the number 2 stone. each time i use a stone it will change the sword a little each time.

please enjoy this picture

thank you
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

Is that the hada coming thru? if so its beautiful! cant wait tell its done! and please forgive if i use the wrong term. still learning!

Harmon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich A. View Post
    Is that the hada coming thru? if so its beautiful! cant wait tell its done! and please forgive if i use the wrong term. still learning!
    the harmon is coming through and you can begin to see it. if that is the word you are trying to say.

thanks and enjoy the pictures.
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

Japan trip

Dear All people,

My good friend in Japan has asked me to come visit him. He is very famous in Japan for making swords. I feel I must go to meet him and talk to him. It is a great honor to be asked to visit him at his request. I can not say no to this honor.

He is Master Sword Maker Gusain. He was on National Geography doing a film for them. His father was the man that made swords for the king of Japan. Now he does sword making work. You can see his film on the utube.com

I will try to finish my work here so there is no delay in posting the pictures. I have one or 2 ready. I will ask my son to put the pictures for me when I am gone to Japan. I will only be a short time there.

Thank you all for watching this photos and I will try to keep it going. I plan to take my laptop pc with me and if you have any questions I will try to answer it from Japan.

Thank you
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

Please go and take your time in Japan, wish I could go but I just returned.
    you can pick this up when you get back, we love what you have shown so far.

Thank you very much,

Ruud
    More Sweat In Training Less Blood In Combat
    My Site

Rich,

Just curious, how many swords do you and your team make each month?

Thanks in advance!
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!

per month

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Ko View Post
    Rich,

Just curious, how many swords do you and your team make each month?

Thanks in advance!
    thank you for your question. i can make about 1 to 2 swords per month.
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

Good to know. Thanks!
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!

number 3 stone

this is the sword after the number 3 stone.
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

number 4 stone

Here is the number 4 stone.
    Rich Chen

zubeng@ymail.com

Hello!

Would you be able to show pictures of the kissaki and nakago?

Thank you very much for a wonderful thread.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by M.K. Ridgeway View Post
    I agree, sticky... leave questions and other "meat " and ditch all the other poata (like this one
    There is no reason to make this sticky until the time has come to move this to a different section. It may eventually go to the Spotlight section but it will offer it just as the "wow!" type thread. My intent was to put the Japanese type cafe section once it had been completed.

Cheers

Hotspur; no one lost it, no reason to sticky it

Quote Originally Posted by Glen C. View Post
    There is no reason to make this sticky until the time has come to move this to a different section. It may eventually go to the Spotlight section but it will offer it just as the "wow!" type thread. My intent was to put the Japanese type cafe section once it had been completed.

Cheers

Hotspur; no one lost it, no reason to sticky it
    Well,

As I was only seconding the post of another moderator, I'll stand aside and let the two of you hash this out.. as it is beyond the scope of mortals.

Perhaps something needn't be lost to be given a place of prominence...and perhaps a thread of such interest and educational value to the general public need not be tucked away in Bladesmith's cafe

Quote Originally Posted by M.K. Ridgeway View Post
    Well,

As I was only seconding the post of another moderator, I'll stand aside and let the two of you hash this out.. as it is beyond the scope of mortals.

Perhaps something needn't be lost to be given a place of prominence...and perhaps a thread of such interest and educational value to the general public need not be tucked away in Bladesmith's cafe
    The thing is to just enjoy what one has, without wondering what everyone needs a thread as a sticky. It is doing just fine.

Cheers

Hotspur; it may eventually be copied in several sections. There is no reason to worry something labeled as more, or less what some feel need to share

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast