Thread: Peter Pan Set.

Peter Pan Set.

The last few days we have been working on several Peter Pan sets for stage shows. We had to keep the cost down but we had room to have some fun.

First is Captain Hook's hook.

Captain Hook's Cup hilt. They asked for a cup without a knucklebow. They were affraid that the knuckle bow might get in the way of the wires for flying.

Here is the Pan sword. We were just asked to make a short sword with quillions that do not stick out. This will be used while flying with wires and nothing can catch. This is what we came up with.

Last edited by Matthew Stagmer; 11-07-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    "If you can draw it, we can make it".
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

Matt Stagmer - Sword Maker @ BKS

www.Baltimoreknife.com
    www.Facebook.com/Baltimoreknife

Here is Smee's "twisted dagger".

These sets will be available through Rob Hunter at http://www.preferredarms.com. He is a Sword rental guy that uses mostly our stuff.
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

www.Baltimoreknife.com

Very cool. Where are the stage shows at? That cup hilt is quite nice. Do you have a close ups on the blade? I had some one ask me awhile ago, I think it was Levi's girlfriend Amanda, to make a set of "twisted" blade daggers or stilletos.. I actually thought about actually twisting the blades at least a few times. I'll have to work on those soon. I love how you do those "kris" like grinds, thats takes a TON of skill.

These are for several different shows. Mostly theater work. I think one set is for a broadway show.

I don't have a better picture of the cup hilt blade. We are making a few more sets in the near future. I will be sure to take a better picture. It was night by the time I got to take pictures. It was just a diamond ground rapier blade cut down to 32" of blade at the customers request. I also had to make it fit a leather scabbard that must have been made for a schlager blade so I had to thin the blade down alot.

Kris daggers have become a specialty of mine. It is def one of my favorite things to do. The bigger the better.
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

www.Baltimoreknife.com

Nice! I particularly love the design of the Pan sword.
    "This doesn't look easy... but I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

Yea, that was prob my favorite aswell. I didnt get a good picture of the pommel, but it was faceted on 4 sides with hammer texture between each facet. It gave it an acorn effect.
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

www.Baltimoreknife.com

Yulan, NY, yes I know you have never heard of it:D
    Gosh you guys, that is real frikkin sweet. I like the dish/bell guard with the skulls, that is like perfect Captain Hook.
    I dunno. Iron is sort-of the Paris Hilton of metals, and carbon, nickel, chromium silicon, etc. are a bunch of good looking guys she just met at a party. - Al Massey

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Stagmer View Post
    These are for several different shows. Mostly theater work. I think one set is for a broadway show.

I don't have a better picture of the cup hilt blade. We are making a few more sets in the near future. I will be sure to take a better picture. It was night by the time I got to take pictures. It was just a diamond ground rapier blade cut down to 32" of blade at the customers request. I also had to make it fit a leather scabbard that must have been made for a schlager blade so I had to thin the blade down alot.

Kris daggers have become a specialty of mine. It is def one of my favorite things to do. The bigger the better.
    Matt,
    Very cool!

I've always wanted to see a kris dagger done with a twisted forge folding method...
    I like swords.

If you want to climb a mountain, begin at the top.

"Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence." - Don Nelson

learn the way to preserve rather than destroy.
    avoid rather than check, check rather than hurt, hurt rather than maim, maim rather than kill.
    for all life is precious, not one can be replaced.

Beautiful Stuff Matt. I like that leaf guard. All good but. Really would give the play credit.

10. WOW, that Hook is pretty sweet!

i know its designed for stage work, but it would be neat to see a more DEADLY sharpened one!

funny you would say that.....
    "ART SHOULD HURT"

www.Baltimoreknife.com

Wow those are great, nice work. I especially love the leaf guard on Pan's sword. And the decription of the "acorn" pomel sounds like it ties in wel.

Nicely done.

I love the counter-twisting leaf guard. Great idea!
    Adrian
    Maestro of the Bolognese School (Spaghetti sauce, not fencing!)

Click HERE for the SFI comic strip "Bloodgroove"!