Thread: Gladiator Sword of Maximus

Gladiator Sword of Maximus

I have a Factory X Sword of Maximus, with scabbard, belt and stand. On the stand there is a small plaque and on the plaque is written "Gladiator TM, Sword of Maximus TM, Factory X, Gladiator is a Tradmark of Dreamworks, LLC and Universal Studios, Licensing by Universal Licensing Inc. All rights reserved". On the blade is stamped Gladiator TM 2000, Dreamworks LLC and Universal Studios. Of all the Gladiator swords I have seen on line, none come with a stand or have any of the info mine does. My question is, I have heard that these movie swords are quite collectible know, but I haven't been able to find any information on one like I have. Can any of you collector's out there tell me if I have a unique collectible sword or just one of many reproductions. Thanks.
    Last edited by jpayne; 02-04-2009 at 01:03 AM.

One of many reproductions, although I would wager you could still find parties out there who would pay a decent price for it. Its a nice reproduction.
    Mike J Arledge
    Not hear? when noise was everywhere! it tolled
    Increasing like a bell. Names in my ears
    Of all the lost adventurers my peers,--
    How such a one was strong, and such was bold,
    And such was fortunate, yet each of old
    Lost, lost! one moment knelled the woe of years.

Robert Browning
    --Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    http://www.facebook.com/CreyrGlasLightworks

Interesting... mine never had a stand. I'm pretty sure the sword of Tigris came with a stand right? I guess it was for the lack of scabbard though.

Is it sort of like this one only with the Maximus nameplate?

http://stores.armorswordsknives.com/...13_12_92_1.JPG
    Michael Mann is the greatest director to ever walk the Earth.

Yes, the plaque looks just like the one on mine, except it does say Gladiator, Sword of Maximus. I wish I new how to insert a photo, but I keep getting a message saying the pic I have is to large.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jpayne View Post
    Yes, the plaque looks just like the one on mine, except it does say Gladiator, Sword of Maximus. I wish I new how to insert a photo, but I keep getting a message saying the pic I have is to large.
    Open up your photo editor MS Picture editor or some other, and re-size the photo to less than 1000 kb. My typical picture with my 3.0 Mpix camera requires 25% reduction to work on the forum.

Hope this helps,

Will S.
    "Dontopedology is the Science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it. I've been practicing it for years."
    -- Prince Philip

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
    -- Red Green

Thanks, I'll try it.