Thread: 5 new pattern welded seaxes

5 new pattern welded seaxes

Hi everyone, I just finished up 5 pattern welded seaxes. Four of them are meant to be more of your everyday use kind of seax that is pretty thin and very sharp. The last one is a decent sized seax that could very well be taken into a battle like situation although the edge geometry is very similar to the smaller ones were I feel it would be a more common use type seax but could be made into a heavy use seax by honing the edge back to a steeper angle. I'm going to upload and talk about each one in a separate post and my computer and internet are slower then a passed out turtle so bare with me if you come across this before I post them all. Here is an overall shot of the seaxes. BTW these are all for sale at this time, I don't want to double post so if you would like more info please send me a PM. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

First one is 11 inches overall with a 5 3/4inch blade with a spine just shy of 3/16
    The blade is O1/L6 with a L6 edge. The blade received a deep etch and the oxides have been removed and the blade is sealed with olive oil so that the blade is safe to use for food.
    The handle is oak with vegetable tanned leather over top. The color achieved by burnishing the leather and applying a natural tone dye over the top.

Second one is 11 1/8 inches overall with a 6 inch blade with a 1/8 spine.
    The blade is O1/L6 with a L6 edge. The blade received a deep etch and the oxides have NOT been removed and the blade is sealed with olive oil. I can remove the oxides if a buyer wishes so at no cost so that the blade can be safe to use for food.
    The handle is oak with vegetable tanned leather over top. The color achieved by dyeing the leather black.

Third one is 10 1/4 inches overall with a 5 7/8 inch blade with a solid 1/16 spine.
    The blade is O1/L6 with a L6 edge. The blade received a deep etch and the oxides have NOT been removed and the blade is sealed with olive oil. I can remove the oxides if a buyer wishes so at no cost so that the blade can be safe to use for food.
    The handle is oak with vegetable tanned leather over top. The color achieved by dyeing the leather a light brown and allowing little time for the color to penetrate so it has a slightly worn or used appearance.

Forth one is 12 1/4 inches overall with a 7inch blade with a 3/16 spine
    The blade is O1/L6 with a L6 edge. The blade received a deep etch and the oxides have been removed and the blade is sealed with olive oil so that the blade is safe to use for food.
    The handle is oak with vegetable tanned leather over top. The color achieved by applying an oxblood colored dye.

Fifth one is 15 inches overall with a 9 7/8 inch blade with a 1/4 spine.
    The blade is O1/L6 with a L6 edge. Unlike the other four blades this seax has only 2 twisted rods in the spine and not four. The blade received a deep etch and the oxides have NOT been removed and the blade is sealed with olive oil. I can remove the oxides if a buyer wishes so at no cost so that the blade can be safe to use for food.
    The handle is oak with vegetable tanned leather over top. I decided to play a little bit with the shape of the handle on this one. I choose to start with 8 faces at the base and blend them away to the four faces that meet the blade. The corners are well broken and it feels really good in the hand. The Grip is slightly wasted toward the middle to help center the hand and help prevent slipping on to the blade. The color achieved by dyeing the leather a light brown.

Michael,
    I wasn't able to sort out all the private message systems on this forum to contact you. Please send me an e-mail at tacticalknives@iinet.com. I want to talk to you about your knives.

Thanks,
    Steven Dick

Long Quan city, Zhejiang province, China.
    Very nice looking. Simple and practical. Right up my alley

Nice work!
    I study at:
    Long Quan Zheng Wu Knife & Sword Forge.
    I work at:
    Zheng Wu Knife & Sword Company.
    Qing Zhong Knife & Sword Company.
    Exclusive Porcelain.

Yulan, NY, yes I know you have never heard of it:D
    Fantastic! They all have such specific personality Michael! Do you have any still available?
    I dunno. Iron is sort-of the Paris Hilton of metals, and carbon, nickel, chromium silicon, etc. are a bunch of good looking guys she just met at a party. - Al Massey