Thread: Dealing with Japanese sellers from overseas

Exclamation Dealing with Japanese sellers from overseas

Hello, I have a general question regarding Japanese national holidays and how they affect commerce when enacting transactions from overseas - Specifically, I have been having trouble getting a reply to some questions I have regarding orders I placed recently with Aoi-Art and Finesword and wanted to know whether this might be due to a national holiday I am unaware of or something else? I hope this question makes sense - As a relative newbie to purchasing pieces from Japan I'm not sure how it all works as far as 'applications to the ministry of education' and what other red tape is involved - I have dealt with Tsuruta before and found Aoi-Art's service always top notch so it seems odd that I am having trouble getting a reply to my inquiries regarding my order - As for Finesword, this is my first transaction with them but so far I have had no reason to be wary of their service other than I haven’t received any replies to my questions about my order with them over the last few days - If someone with more experience dealing with these protocols could enlighten me I would really appreciate it as I am a little anxious to hear of the status of my orders Once again, forgive the long windedness of my post Thank you, Bry Shaw

might be with the new EMS rules.

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5793
    dont know anything about Fineswords.....Im sure Tsuruta sama will contact you soon.
    Stephen C

Life is like setting sail on a ship that is going out to sea to sink.

Suzuki Roshi

Hi, I know from our Japanese colleagues that they are on vacation till Thursday this week, it's a National "Silver Week" holiday with 3 successive national holidays.

Regards,

Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Hiller View Post
    Hi, I know from our Japanese colleagues that they are on vacation till Thursday this week, it's a National "Silver Week" holiday with 3 successive national holidays.
    Maybe your colleagues are abroad for too long already :

9月21日 Keirou no hi Respect for the Aged Day
    9月22日 Kokumin no Kyujitsu Bridge Public holiday
    9月23日 Shuubun no hi Autumn Equinox

Thats strange... I've been speaking to Kazushige Tsuruta San at AOI ART every day for the past 5 days without fail.