Thread: Odinblade Custom Warderesque Two-Handed Saber

Odinblade Custom Warderesque Two-Handed Saber

When I came to the decision of getting a custom blade made, being a longtime katana guy whom has just begun learning all of what the European systems have to offer, I wanted a sword to reflect both of these. Ideally, I wanted a blade I could switch and transition to either as needed, something very East meets West. Being a Saber nut made things easier
    Now I know this certainly isnt any new concept, but as I scouted around I absolutely fell in love with John's Warder Design. I approached him with my idea of a Warder style sword with an S- guard habaki ringguards and a jian style pommel with the idea to let John have free reign- and boy did the Odin not disappoint! [ many pardons for my lousy photography skills]

Specs:
    Length: 48"
    Blade Length: 37"
    Guard Width: 8"
    Grip: 8 1'2"
    Weight: 2 ilbs
    Blade + Scabbard Weight: 4.2 ilbs
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by John M. Tibbetts; 03-31-2010 at 04:26 PM.

John told me that it was meant for cutting, and I tested this baby, and it made short work of milk cartons and tatami with equal prejudice.

Unfortunately I cant seem to get a decent shot of the goregous scabbard John made for me, but will try again.

I VERY satisfied!
    Last edited by John M. Tibbetts; 03-31-2010 at 04:33 PM.

New Jersey, where the weak are killed and eaten...
    Very nice sword. I like the combination of all the different elements. Definitely gives me something to look forward to with my own euro-tana (that a word?).

Any chance of getting a full body pic of the sword out of the scabbard? Seeing the details is nice, but I'd love to see this sword in its entirety.

Congratz on a great custom. And compliments to John for making it so well.

Wow, those are some intricate etches! Is the pyramid symbol on the pommel particularly meaningful, or am I trying to read too much into it? I'd like to see the other end of the blade as well. Does it have a katana-like kissaki?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Lassen View Post
    Wow, those are some intricate etches! Is the pyramid symbol on the pommel particularly meaningful, or am I trying to read too much into it? I'd like to see the other end of the blade as well. Does it have a katana-like kissaki?
    That's a good question about the pommel. It means there's no place like home and you better not f^@$ with mine Actually I made this film a while back and never got to use it and decided it would go well on this large saber. The blade is 5160H in a differential through heat treat for performance. Thanks so much for posting. I will add some pictures friday that I took of this sword. I also am posting four other swords Due to my step son coming over and doing for me while my wife hangs out with his kidsThere's this one and a couple Lassen pics plus another broadsword with etchings on pomel and blade, and a Ringare spinoff (which I named Silvia) and a Falcata. So maybe friday you guys will hang out and look see
    "Ah, the old disco room.......just as I left it!" Cassanova Frankenstein

"It's all about having a good time!" Ricky Martin

"We are number one....all others are number two or lower!" The Sphinx

"Let me put my poems in you!" Chazz Micheal Micheals

www.odinblades.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Lundemo View Post
    That's a good question about the pommel. It means there's no place like home and you better not f^@$ with mine Actually I made this film a while back and never got to use it and decided it would go well on this large saber. The blade is 5160H in a differential through heat treat for performance. Thanks so much for posting. I will add some pictures friday that I took of this sword. I also am posting four other swords Due to my step son coming over and doing for me while my wife hangs out with his kidsThere's this one and a couple Lassen pics plus another broadsword with etchings on pomel and blade, and a Ringare spinoff (which I named Silvia) and a Falcata. So maybe friday you guys will hang out and look see
    Thanks John, I tried my damnest to get a full shot but I think my digital camera has some focus issues with wide shots. Can't wait to see the other photos!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Lassen View Post
    Indeed it does, similar to an O-kissaki.

Looks really nice. Any chance of getting to see a picture of the whole sword out of the scabbard?
    "This doesn't look easy... but I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders Backlund View Post
    Looks really nice. Any chance of getting to see a picture of the whole sword out of the scabbard?
    I'm gonna put one in this thread in an hour or so that I took before I shipped.

www.odinblades.com

Blog Entries
    Here is a few more pics of the "Odin Guardian". Enjoy

www.odinblades.com

Blog Entries
    If I get to get this in my new website it will be known as "The Guardian" as Warder is now being used by VA

www.odinblades.com

Holt crap...that's awesome. John, I can't say that I've ever seen a sword you've made that I wouldn't be proud to own. Congrats on the bad-ass new blade, John M.

Ooooh, that's nice. Really nice.

Also, blade lenght 37", 48" over-all? That thing is huge! It looks smaller on the pictures. o.O
    "This doesn't look easy... but I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.