Thread: Please help me...ID bronze age hilts

Please help me...ID bronze age hilts

Hi at all, guys!!

Please, can anyone help with the ID of this hilts sword?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.bronze-age-craft.com/Naue_II.htm

they could be a Naue II hilts?

The other my hypothesis is that they are hilts of "pistiliforme" swords...
    SRDN

It's hard to say from just a fragment, without knowing were it's from. The hilts can be the same for different areas in the same time, but with very different blades. My first guess is Wilburton, but that's a British typology.

The little figurines in that photo, and in the "previous" photo on the ImageShack page, look Sardinian, and the one in the "next" photo definitely is. So I'm guessing these sword fragments are also from Sardinia. Not sure I've seen a Naue II from Sardinia, but I'd have to check my books to be sure. They had a variety of swords there, like anyplace else, including carps tongues (which I don't think these are).

Matthew

Hi guys and thanks for the answers! Yes, the hilts come from Sardinia, and exactly from he sacred source of "Su Tempiesu" XII-X b.C.
    http://www.archeologiasarda.com/pozz...iesu_orune.asp

the swords were broken off in analogy with make in France, Italy where the weapons came deposited near the water course (rivers, sources.)
    Not sure I've seen a Naue II from Sardinia
    effectively not there are still Naue II in Sardinia, but the form of the hilts....

They had a variety of swords there, like anyplace else, including carps tongues
    carps tongues.... and and Sa Idda type, the nuragic version of the carp's tongue. but the hilt it's, also in this case, very different.
    therefore I thought, also, to the "pistiliforme", perhaps to ewart Park

Uploaded with ImageShack.us