Thread: Trying to identify odd dagger

Question Trying to identify odd dagger

Dagger. Non-ferrous. Not sharp. Probably never has been sharp. Appears to be a single poured piece (possibly done in halves). Either very old, or very possibly just made to look very old. To my un-trained eye I'd guess more likely the latter than the former. Some design work on blade (doesn't show well in picture), but not ornate. Can't find anything on line even close, but then I am sure I don't know where to look.

Any ideas?

Replica of a Chinese bronze dagger. According to http://www.therionarms.com/sold/ttoy369.html the original was found in Sichuan. I've seen one of these on ebay with a solid grip, probably a solid-walled tube (so still hollow in the middle), rather than a "cage" grip like this. I haven't seen the original, so don't know which is more correct. I'd guess the "cage".
    "In addition to being efficient, all pole arms were quite nice to look at." - Cherney Berg, A hideous history of weapons, Collier 1963.

Thank you-- that is unquestionably the same dagger!

Doing a Google image search, the only place I found another is up for auction at a U.K. site. However, all it says is "An undated archaistic cast dagger with leaf-shaped blade and hollow openwork hilt. 502 grams, 38.5 cm (15 1/4"). Acquired on the London art market in the late 1990s."