Thread: antique chinese jian

antique chinese jian

antique chinese jian for sale' fully restored blade, mahogany scabbard & hand carved hilt, ensuite of good quality modern long quan fittings, very thick and sturdy jian

blade length is 28''

blade thickness is 8mm - 5/16'' at hilt, 5mm - 3/16'' near tip / blade width is 1 1/4'' - 31mm at hilt, 22mm at tip,

pob 6'' from hilt

hilt length 6 3/4''

$2500 USD

Last edited by Tony Mosen; 07-21-2007 at 03:56 AM.

can e-mail pics to interested people thanks'

exact weight of sword without scabbard please......
    The Mind Truely Is The Sharpest Blade And The Deadliest Weapon.

hello'

the weight on my eletronic scales is 872gm out of scabbard

thanks

any offers over $2OOO ?

Please post some pics, perhaps as links to photobucket or a similar service.
    Josh

sorry Josh'
    i tried to put pics up here' all i can say is 'what a mission!! failed one at that

To bad. Posting pics directly is a pain due to file size restrictions, and I rarely do it. However, posting a link to a picture posted elsewhere is easy. That is why I use photobucket.com. Flickr is another good one, but is a pain for viewers because they have to log on. There are a few more services that are not as common but also work.
    Good luck,
    Josh

got a Zhou Zheng Wu' Qing wang dao' for sale also, in good condition.

$500 usd + shipping

still for sale

Talking We demand photos!

Seeing is believing. You really need to post some thumbnails so the gang can get a look. I can't seem to do it myself, either. How do we reduce the size to fit the limited format? You can ask Manouchehr M. (moderator) to post 'em for you. He helped the fellow with the silver-hilted dao put some thumbnails on his thread. Still, how the heck do we do it ourselves? Good luck with the jian. Jian are such wonderful swords. They are truly sublime. We must have a look at it, even if it has already sold. Please?

Sincerely, Jon Palombi

I agree that images would greatly improve the chances of a sale for this sword and Tony's dao. As an alternative to posting, Tony could offer to email pics or provide links to images.

In brief....you can use Photoshop, MS Paint, or other image software to reduce the size/quality of the image to meet the limit.

Adobe Photoshop has a free download available.
    Euthenist, Exorcist, Utilitarianist

yes i have e-mailed pics to everyone who has requested them' thanks for your interest,

it is still for sale, but i am returning to work tomorrow for two weeks in a remote location so please give me your e-mail if you like to see it before i go as i will be out of contact till i return.
    thanks

Tony, got the pics. thanks! the jian seem to be in very good condition. it's nicely done, price is a bite out of mine range at this time. I'm sure who ever is getting it will be happy to own it. thanks again, I will made contact if finacical situation is change. J

Jian

Tony,

Got the pics. I like it a lot.

Check your PM.

Dave
    Today is all that matters. No one can change the past. No one can predict the future. What we do today will determine how we will be remembered

sold

sold' thanks all'